Questions for this safety quiz were taken from Elevator World’s educational safety products, which can be found here. After you complete all ten multiple-choice questions just click “Show me the answers!” If you missed any questions you will then be shown the correct answers. A new set of questions will be posted every other month. Enjoy and be safe out there!
1. When performing maintenance on equipment:
2. Personal protective equipment:
3. The number one cause of lost work time and on the job fatalities is:
4. When work must be performed in areas accessible to the public:
5. When performing lockout/tagout procedure you should never:
6. Circuit jumpers are used in service work to:
7. The most common hazards encountered in the pit while performing routine service include:
8. When performing service on top of completed operational cars:
9. Identify the correct statement below concerning hand tools:
10. If you must clean the pit, car top or machine room:
Question 1: The correct answer is All of the above .
Question 2: The correct answer is Should be with employees at all times.
Question 3: The correct answer is Motor vehicle incidents.
Question 4: The correct answer is Install proper barricades/barriers.
Question 5: The correct answer is Open the switch cover for the main-line disconnect..
Question 6: The correct answer is Temporarily defeat safety circuits .
Question 7: The correct answer is Moving equipment and inadequate refuge area .
Question 8: The correct answer is Hold crosshead or other structural car parts when car is moving .
Question 9: The correct answer is Never strike hardened steel surfaces with a steel hammer .
Question 10: The correct answer is Wear suitable work gloves .
You answered them all right!